KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE, N.M. --
About the job
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking Civilian Professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
AFCS is looking for a Full-Time Epidemiologist, GS-0601-13, to work at Headquarters (HQ) Air Force Safety Center (AFSEC), Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico. This federal job offers a rewarding and exciting career with benefits.
In this position you will serve as the HQ Air Force Safety Center epidemiologist; developing epidemiologic and scientific evidence-based prevention strategies and programs to reduce the impact of aviation, ground, weapons and space mishaps for the Department of the Air Force (DAF). The incumbent will collaborate with other Department of Defense (DOD), Federal and State agencies to accomplish mishap reduction for the DOD.
Salary Range: $95,136 - $123,675
This position is being filled using expedited hiring authorities and can close at any time. Apply Now!
Federal Benefits Include:
Retirement - Immediate coverage by the Federal Employees Retirement System
(FERS), part of a 3-Tiered system which contains:
· Basic Benefits Plan
· Social Security
· Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), similar to a 401(k), automatically receive 1% agency
contributions and up to 5% matching
Paid Time Off
· 11 Federal Holidays
· 13 sick leave days accrued per year
Paid Vacation Time
· 13-26 days per year based on length of employment
· No waiting period to qualify for you and your family
- U.S. Citizenship
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or a related academic field
- Knowledge of epidemiology and biostatistics, specifically injury epidemiology
- Knowledge of safety and occupational health principles and laws sufficient to formulate new mishap prevention program management theories and practices
- Skill and ability to translate operationally relevant questions regarding mishaps and injuries into an analytical framework that helps key decision makers prevent mishaps
- Ability to plan and organize epidemiological activities of the Air Force Safety Center, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Skill in writing research and epidemiology-relevant research papers and reports
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the federal government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for federal employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine. More information on COVID-19 requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
Equal Opportunity Employer - U.S. Citizenship Required - Must be of legal working age